Warm weather and more time at home has led some Britons to spruce up their green spaces, getting rid of those built-up weeds, trimming trees and planting flowers. Not only does gardening make your home look nice, but can have a positive impact on your mental health as well.
If you want to buy some new plants and flowers for your garden, but don’t want to spend too much, Express.co.uk has rounded up some of the best plant and seed bundles.
Selection for butterflies and bees – Thompson and Morgan – £12.99
Create beautiful beds and borders in your garden with this selection of bright and colourful annual pollinators.
This selection provides forage over a long season, from spring through to early autumn, making it an invaluable food source for bees and butterflies
Read More: How much will YOUR water bill cost if you use hosepipe during heatwave
- Hosepipe ban warning: UK to see driest May for 124 YEARS
The collection comprises the following varieties:
- One packet (one gram) Honey Bee Flower Mix – A blend of 19 species of nectar and pollen-rich annual and perennial wildflowers, which are proven favourites of honey bees in our gardens. Height: 60cm (24 inches). Spread: 30cm (12 inches). one gram of seed sows an area of approximately one square metre.
- One packet (250 seeds) Sweet Rocket ‘Alba’ – Charming, large spikes of single, white flowers, fragrant in the evening. Height: 90cm (35 inches). Spread: 45cm (18inches).
- One packet (125 seeds) Californian Poppy ‘Jelly Beans’ – Fully double blooms in a vibrant colour range glisten above a mass of feathery blue-green foliage. These dainty hardy annuals are tougher than they appear and positively thrive on poor, dry soils. Height: 25cm (10 inches). Spread: 25cm (10 inches)
- One packet (60 seeds) Sunflower ‘Russian Giant’ – A giant among annuals. Give them plenty of room and you will be rewarded with plants up to 3m (10 feet) tall with huge yellow flowers often 30cm (12 inches) in diameter. Height: 3m (10 feet). Spread: 60cm (24 inches).
- One packet (80 seeds) Calendula ‘Fruit Twist’ – A delightful dwarf calendula in a zesty mix of citrus colours. Early flowering, with daisy-like blooms adding bright drifts of colour to a sunny border. Height: 15cm (six inches). Spread: 20cm (eight inches).
Combination Hanging Baskets + Summer Flowers (three sets) – £6.29 – Grab it here
Create three colourful pots and enjoy an abundance of flowers all summer long.
Fill the pots with potting compost, place the seed pods on the compost, and cover with another thin layer of compost.
Water regularly, and you will be amazed by the glorious showers of flowers. The diameter of the pot is 18 cm, the diameter of seed pad 14cm.
Queen allows Boris Johnson to exercise at Buckingham Palace [INSIGHT]
Gardening tips: How to spruce up your garden for next to NOTHING [EXPLAINED]
Aldi special buys: The six Aldi best buys you need for your garden [INSIGHT]
- Joe Swift wife: Is Joe Swift married?
Wildflowers – Cornfield mixture – from £3.69
A mixture of the cornfield weeds of yesterday plus other attractive wildflowers to provide a splash of colour in a difficult area or create a mini cornfield in your wildlife garden.
In the vegetable garden, they can provide colour and nectar to attract pollinating insects and predators. An excellent ‘natural’ edge to gravel paths and drives.
To plant, sow in autumn or early spring in a sunny weed-free soil that is low in fertility.
Don’t use fertiliser, rake well to make a seed bed and sprinkle the seed mixed with a little dry sand.
Fruit and vegetables – from £1 – Grab them here
Thompson and Morgan have a range of vegetable seeds available, including radishes, kale, lemon grass, aubergine and pumpkins.
Whether its one or two plants or a whole patch full of fruit and veg there is plenty to choose from!
With prices starting from just £1, start your vegetable patch, or even just grow some strawberries to welcome the summer.
Pack of five Mixed Shrubs – Gardeners Dream – £24.99
Grab a bundle of five shrubs with this selection. All of the included plants are easy to grow and require no special attention.
Each mix will include a good split between evergreen, deciduous, grasses, shrubs, herbaceous and climbers etc.
Gardeners Dream says they have ensured that the mix includes a well-balanced growth – height; 0.4m – 2.0m, and a spread; 0.4m – 1.5m.
Source: Read Full Article